Monday, July 23, 2007

Did You know? AIM for linux....

Did you know That AIM has had a version for Linux users? When most people switch from Windows to linux they have to stop using AIM and switch to some thing like Pidgin, or Kopete. Well I got some interesting new for all you windows converts, AIM does create a version for Linux users....do I dare say anymore?

Well now lets just say the Linux version of AIM that AIM has created seems to be dead, or forgotten. I hate to disappoint you but that first picture in this blog post is AIM 6.1 and for windows...and I hate to say it but the Linux version of AIM does not seem to be on par with the windows version at all. If you read my blog you know I love the new glassy looks and want everything on Linux to be amazing looking. Well AIM's Linux version is anything but pretty. Actually it is just down right ugly, well it actually made me laugh... At first I thought it was some kind of joke, but no it seems legit. So now what you have been waiting for this whole post, what does it actually look like? So here it is the next few pictures are all pictures taken from AIM's linux download site here:



Ok maybe it's not that bad...or maybe it is you decide. But I still find it funny, that AIM actually does have a native Linux version. I will give it a try later in the day or week and let you all know if it performs anything like it looks.