Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Problem with Screenlets

Before I start my next phase of ranting, let me say I love screenlets and think there great. I find them stable and useful. But the thing I got a problem with is, there aren't enough screenlets yet. Now I do not expect the developer to be constantly writing screenlets just so I can be happy. I just think he needs to be a little more organized with his project. I just find the screenlets website super confusing and un-helpful. To me the website is a cross between a blog, a wiki, and a forum. I just think it coudl be done better. Now the next statement isn't just for screenlets it is for any open source project. For an Open source project to get goign and really go far, you need to harness the community. Once you do that your project will be rolling. I think for screenlets if things were a bit more straight forward on there website then maybe the community would get bigger and help advance screenlets further.