Friday, August 31, 2007

Google Earth Easter egg in linux too!

If you read any news online you may have heard about the Google Earth easter egg. If you haven't heard about it, then I will fill you in. Basically Google has a built in flight simulator in Google Earth!

But of course when I read how to use this easter egg it said:

To access it for the first time, hit CTRL+Alt+A in Windows or Command+Option+A on the Mac.

It only mentioned Windows, and Mac so of course I was like why not Linux......SO i took it upon myself to download the latest version of Google Earth for Linux here.

Real quickly its super simple to install just cd to the directory you downloaded it and type:

sh GoogleEarthLinux.bin

Anywho sorry about the suspense, just thought I should quickly mention how easy it is to install Google Earth on Linux. So now your like, "dammit tell me if this easter egg works on Linux!" Well you should already know what the answer is if you analyzed the title of my post, but juts in case you not that analytical today, yes it did work!

So stop reading and go try it yourself, its nifty.