Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Try "One Laptop Per Child" in Ubuntu.....

Yes you read the title right, you can try the "One Laptop per child" operating system in Ubuntu. If your like me and you read Linux news a lot you probably hear of One laptop per child. Now I am interested in it but don't have the money or want to spend the moeny if I had it on that type of laptop.

But while lokoing into over the course of its development I was interested in its interface because its a bit different to what I would be used to while using a computer so I really wanted to try it out, so I did inside of Ubuntu:


Now its kind of an interesting Interface, I still don't totally understand it. But from what I figured out from fooling around with it shortly is those icons around the circle in the middle are like "minimized" application. Then you see this black bar around the outskirts of the screen, that will only appear if you move your mouse to the screen edges. Its this black bar that allows you to open other applications or to go back to this "home" screen if in another application.

So now your probably just wanting me to tell you how you can try this out yourself, so with out further delay just check out this blog post I found. It has very straightforward instructions on how to get this working, but as always if you have questions post em in the comments and I will see if I can help. And if I can't I bet one of the readers can, It seems my readers know more about Linux then myself...