Thursday, November 8, 2007

Time Machien for linux

A while back I made a post about a project which claimed to be time machine for Linux. If you read that article you can quickly figure out I really didn't like the project. But now I think I found another one which seems to work. Its called, flyback and is a system back up utility. Its very easy to get running, the directions can be found here on there website. But if you need help just leave a comment and I will see what I can do. When you first start flyback this is what it will look like:


the preferences look like this and is where you can choose where you want to back up your files and choose which directories you want to back up:



Basically its the same idea as Time Machine for mac but without the looks. I would like to see what the developers over at compiz fusion could do with this, and snazz it up and make it actually work like Time Machine.