Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hardy Alpha 6 thoughts

I have recently upgraded to hardy alpha 6 and so far am very very pleased. One thing I wanted to point out was hard comes with the latest Compiz Fusion and so far it is much stabler and smoother for me then the previous version.

I have not yet run into the black window bug with my nvidia card!!! But I must say I haven't tried to open as many windows as I could yet...actually let me to a small test right now.....

So I just opened 4 firefox windows, pidgin, one chat window and a pdf file, and awn...... and no black window bug!!! Could it be fixed? With the previuse version of compiz fusion I was runnign which came with Feisty I could not open more then 2 firefox windows at a time before gettign the black window bug, this is a significant performance upgrade. It probably has more to do with the latest compiz fusion release and not Hardy, but correct me if I am wrong...